Autonomous and intelligent operations are required to meet growing network speed, quality and capacity requirements, as well as to manage increasing infrastructure complexity and optimize operational costs. AI technology and the TM Forum AIOps Service Management framework are the enabling forces to make this a reality.
This Catalyst demonstrates how AI and the AIOps Service Management industry framework can transform the network service assurance process, making it autonomous, closed-loop and self-healing.
The project will demonstrate the following 6 concrete AI-based use cases covering vital service assurance process components:
- UC1 - OTT Service Assurance: Prediction of bad customer experience on OTT services and triggering network optimization activities
- UC2 - MBB Service Assurance: Fault Prediction in BTS infrastructure
- UC 3 - FBB Service Assurance: Fault Prediction in Fiber network infrastructure
- UC4 and UC5 - 5G Faults RCA: Diagnosis and identification of root causes behind faults and bad customer experience on 5G network
- UC6 - Resource-optimized NFV Service Assurance: Optimization of the energy footprint of virtualized network functions (VNFs) while maintaining service-level objectives.
The project will also define and prove best practices for how to deploy, operate, maintain and govern AI components at scale, contributing back to the TM Forum AIOps Collaboration program.